- Department of Finance and Economics, Toulouse Business School. Associate Professor, September 2016 –
- Department of Accounting and Finance, ESC-Rennes School of Business. Associate Professor, September 2014 – 2016
- Department of Decision Sciences, Bocconi University. Assistant Professor, September 2007 – September 2014
- PhD in Social Sciences, California Institute of Technology, May 2007
- Master in Economics, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, 2000
- Bachelor in Economics, Universidad Católica Andrés Bello, July 1998
- Promoting Intellectual Discovery: Patents vs. Markets (first author, with Jernej Copic and Peter Bossaerts), Science, v. 323, March 6, 2009
- Finanzas Experimentales (with José Penalva), in Brañas-Garza, editor, Economía Experimental y del Comportamiento, Antoni Bosch editor, 2011
- Competition in Portfolio Management: Theory and Experiment (with Elena Asparouhova, Peter Bossaerts, Jernej Copic, Bradford Cornell, and Jaksa Cvitanic), Management Science, v. 61(8), August 2015
- Experimental Finance (with José Penalva), in Brañas-Garza and Cabrales, editors, Experimental Economics v. II: Economic Applications, Palgrave, November 2015 (translation of original version in Spanish, 2011)
- Strategic Risk and Response Time Across Games (with Pablo Brañas-Garza and Luis Miller), International Journal of Game Theory, May 2017
AWARDS AND FUNDING
- Collaborator in ERC grant UE EVALIDEA (PI Marco Ottaviani), starting 2012.
- Collaborator in ERC grant BRSCDP-TEA (PI Massimo Marinacci), from 2008 to 2011.
- Funding Grant for project “Success and Failure in Strategic Alliances” from WZB, Berlin, 2010.
- Funding Grant for project “Promoting Intellectual Discovery” from the Social and Information Science Laboratory (SISL), Caltech, 2004 and 2005.
Education funding fellowships:
- SISL graduate fellowship (2004-2007).
- Generalitat de Catalunya fellowship (2000-2001).
- Gran Mariscal de Ayacucho graduate fellowship (declined).
- Gran Mariscal de Ayacucho undergraduate fellowship (1993-1998).
OTHER PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES
Member of the Scientific Committee of the Society for Experimental Finance
Member of the Scientific Committee of the Southern European Experimental Team (SEET). Organizer of the 2014 meeting.
Journal of Finance, Review of Financial Studies, Review of Finance, Economic Theory, Journal of the European Economic Association, Economic Journal, Economic Letters, NSF grant proposal review, PLOS ONE, Journal of Economics and Business, Journal of Business and Economics Statistics, and Eastern Economics Journal.
- Finance – Fall/Spring 2017 (Programme Grand Ecole at TBS)
- Capital Markets and Experiments – Fall/Spring 2017 (Master of International Bankin and PGE, TBS)
- Microeconomics – Fall 2014 (Programme Grand Ecole at ESC-Rennes)
- Research Methods – Fall 2014 and 2015 (Master and Programme Grand Ecole at ESC-Rennes)
- Market Design – Winter 2014 (Master course, EPFL, Switzerland)
- Mathematics for Economists – Fall 2011, 2012, 2013 (Undergraduate, Bocconi University)
- Experimental Economics (name has changed across years) – Fall 2008, 2009, 2011, and 2012 (Undergraduate, Bocconi University)
- Experimental and Behavioral Finance – Spring 2008 and 2010 (PhD, Bocconi University)
- Behavioral Models and Neuro-experimental Evidence – Fall 2008 and 2009 (Master, Bocconi University)
- Teaching assistant at Caltech: Auction Theory (2005), Business Strategy (2004), Anthropology (2002); at Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona: PhD Microeconomics, undergraduate Advanced Microeconomics, and Mathematics for Economists; at Universidad Católica Andrés Bello: undergraduate Advanced Statistics.
Internships: Inter-American Development Bank (Summer 2000), Central Bank Venezuela (Summer 1997).
INVITED WORKSHOPS AND SEMINARS
(Conferences attended via the standard paper submission procedure are excluded – full list in pdf CV)
Workshop for the Promotion of Experimental Validation of the Theory of Asset Pricing (Sundance, UT, October 2015); Political Economy: Theory meets Experiment (direct invitation to my coauthor, ETH Zurich, June 2014); Extensive Form Games in the Lab (Science Po, Paris, June 2013); Incentives and Organization for Knowledge Creation (Scuola Sant’Anna, Pisa, 2009); Deterrence in Competition Policy – Second Workshop of the Research Network on Innovation and Competition Policy (Berlin, 2008); CIREQ Colloquium on Financial Econometrics (direct invitation to my coauthor, Montreal, 2007)
University of Rennes; Finance and Banking Group of the University of Innsbruck, Austria; LUISS, Rome; Catholic University of Milan; University of Alicante; Toulouse School of Economics; University of Malaga, Spain; Complutense University, Madrid; CERGE-EI, Prague; University of Paris, Dauphine, Paris; Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna, Pisa, University of Granada; WZB, Berlin